Monday, April 22, 2013

The grasshopper and the Carbon Made Face Book

Have you ever chased, gently though, a grasshopper?  I did, it took me for  a walk around the island in the parking lot near building 17.  It was only a small grasshopper, about 2 inches long, with bright yellow wings and wavy black frame upon them when it flew.  It would face me watching as I walked.  And all I did was follow it. Once it thought to have hidden from me on the median island.  I let it rest a bit, until we walked back toward the buildings and then he hopped toward the tree and I veered around to the building.  IT was a nice bit of exercise on Saturday.
My collaborative project in Ceramics with Blaine is he made 8 tea bowls. 4 thrown and 4 pinched, that I am decorating with design.  I'm hoping to add these as well to the viewing if they come out this week.  The cross your fingers and hope that the under-glaze pencil and chalk doesn't fire off.

So this is my cover for my face book page.  I invited all of my friends and family to view it.

                          Melanie's Facebook Page                http://www.facebook.com/MelanieLMather
Recent Ceramic Projects from the Kiln at Yavapai College  Ceramics
I posted this project on my Carbonmade web site today.

Melanie's Carbonmade Web Site      http://melanielmatherweb.carbonmade.com/


The bank of Dogu.  The old man.

LBM clay, coil method Jomon Pottery example statuary.
Red Iron, Cobalt, and Copper Oxide Stained.
Fired at Cone 10.





I hope you all like what you see.
Sincerely.  Mel
The picture of the mountain in Sedona  I took in 2010 summer on a road trip up to Flagstaff.
MLM



No comments:

Post a Comment